Discuss nine different change tools. Your task is to choose one, and critically evaluate its usefulness to effect change for BOTH a manufacturing company and a service company. Note: you are NOT to investigate Lewin’s Classical Model.
The available change tools to evaluate are:
• Socio-technical system approach
• The organisation development school
• The learning organisation
• Lean production
• Business process re-engineering
• Best practice
• The high-performance work organisation.
Your evaluation should resolve the question “Is this change tool appropriate, not appropriate, or partially appropriate to change both a manufacturing company, and a service company?” along with an explanation of how you reached that conclusion.