Select a specific type of altered state of consciousness or several types of altered states of consciousness; after further researching altered states of consciousness, write a summary. Consider the following prompts:
• Describe the topic you have chosen and why this type of altered consciousness was of interest to you.
• Explain the relationship between altered states of consciousness and culture.
• Discuss how circadian rhythms affect physiological and psychological functions.
• Explain how disruptions in circadian rhythms affect one’s mind and body.
• What have researchers learned about altered states of consciousness and the type(s) about which you are writing?
• What is happening in the brain during the particular type of altered state(s) about which you are writing?