In the twentieth century, globalization and modernization contributed to the outbreak of incredibly violent global conflicts. The First World War and the Second World War shaped the first half of
the century, and the Cold War dominated the second. Each war demonstrated humanity’s capacity for extraordinary destruction. These wars disrupted millions of lives and led to political upheaval and
redrawing of national boundaries.
Prepare a multimedia presentation that describes the causes of one of these conflicts and discusses the effects of the conflict on three different regions of the globe. In addition, you will
analyze how a primary source relates to the conflict in your presentation.
A. Create a multimedia presentation (e.g., PowerPoint, Keynote) in which you do the following:
1. Describe the major causes of one of the following conflicts:
? World War I
? World War II
? Cold War
2. Discuss the effects of the conflict you described in part A1 on three of the following parts of the world:
3. Analyze how the given primary source (found in the Web Links section below) relates to your selected conflict.
B. Provide acknowledgement of source information, using in-text citations and references, for quoted, paraphrased, or summarized content.
1. Include the following information when providing source references:
• location of information (e.g., publisher, journal, or website URL)