Research two (2) manufacturing (Maytag and Whirlpool) companies that manage inventory and complete this assignment.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Determine the types of inventories these companies currently manage and describe their essential inventory characteristics in detail.
2. Analyze how each of their goods and service design concepts are integrated in detail.
3. Evaluate the role their inventory plays in the company’s performance. operational efficiency. and customer satisfaction in detail.
4. Compare and contrast the four (4) different types of layouts found with each company: explain the importance of the layouts to the company’s
manufacturing or service operations in detail.
5. Determine at least two (2) metrics to evaluate supply chain performance of the companies: suggest improvements to the design and operations of their
supply chains based on those metrics in detail.
6. Suggest ways to improve the inventory management for each of the companies without affecting operations and the customer benefit package. Provide
a rationale to support the suggestion.