Title: Management Audit
Purpose: To integrate and apply your understanding of the management theories, models, principles and practices, covered during the semester, in the study of an
organisation�s management. The organisation is that which was used in Assessment Item 2, Technology One (find attached file).
A. Begin with the 1500 word environmental analysis undertaken as Assessment Item 2 (which should be included in your submission of the case study, Do not copy paste,
you need to make changes to Assessment Item 2 based on the feedback on the right side). Note that any references cited in Assessment 2 should be consolidated in the
alphabetically-ordered reference list at the end of Assessment Item 3.
B. Then, in about 400 words, describe the organisation�s mission and governance offering any appropriate critique by way of management audit in the light of management
C. In about 800 words, on the basis of your Assessment Item 2, describe and analyse the strategic position of the organisation with reference to a defined model such
as a SWOT analysis, linking to your environmental analysis (Assessment 2).
D. In about 1100 words, describe and analyse the organisation�s management in the light of management theory, with reference to its:
ethical decision making
E. In about 200 words, provide a concluding paragraph summarising your management audit, with any appropriate recommendations.
F. Include a reference list of publications cited, using standard APA forrmat
A possible structure:
1. Introduction – a statement of the purpose and scope of the audit and the industry sector in which the company operates.
2. Environmental analysis – this is your amended assn 2 setting out the organisation’s external environment.
3. Mission and governance
4. Strategic management of the organisation (SWOT analysis refer to module 7) linking to your environmental analysis (remembering to align opportunities with strengths
and weaknesses with threats).
5. Describe the organisation’s functional management using PLOC and including comment on ethics (e.g. CSR), and decision making, and its corporate culture.
6. Concluding paragraph with summary including any recommendations.